KARIYA, Japan – Toyota Motor Corp. is expected to introduce a new common-rail direct injection system this year on a still-to-be-named diesel passenger vehicle for the European market. The system, developed by Denso Corp., employs a high-pressure pump and 5-stage injectors. It was unveiled last autumn at the Tokyo Motor Show. According to Denso, the system’s high-pressure injectors, reportedly the industry’s most powerful, can operate at 26,100 psi (1,800 bar) regardless of engine speed, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.