A plug-in hybrid car made from seaweed is the dream of a Toyota Motor Corp. engineer responsible for the 1/X concept car to be displayed at the Melbourne International Motor Show in Australia that starts Feb. 27 and runs through March 9. The 1/X, which was first unveiled in Tokyo and made its American debut at last year’s Chicago auto show, was given its name because it portends a hybrid-powered car of the future with a fraction of the environmental footprint of today’s cleanest cars, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.