Toyota Motor Corp. says it will expand its Huntsville, AL, engine plant, which began production only two months ago. The $20 million investment will add 150 jobs, raising total employment at the factory to 500 workers. The move will allow Huntsville to produce 130,000 V-6 Tacoma and Tundra pickup engines. With the new expansion, Toyota will have invested $240 million in Alabama to date. email@example.com
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.