DEARBORN – Although it’s been in the cards for a couple years now, Toyota Motor Corp. officially confirms its Highlander SUV will come with the option of a gasoline-electric hybrid powertrain for the ’05 model year. The release of the hybrid-powered Highlander will follow that of its Lexus sister vehicle, the RX 330, by a few months. The RX 400h is due in summer 2004. Paul Williamsen, curriculum development manager, Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc., says the modified Highlander will bow ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.