NEWARK, NJ – Toyota Motor Corp. dedicates an expanded and renovated vehicle distribution center here at Port Newark this week. With an investment of $20 million, the 83-acre (34-ha) facility will process 220,000 Toyota, Scion and Lexus models shipped from Japanese factories annually. The renovation has improved the operation’s efficiency by about 10%, says Alan DeCarr, Toyota group vice president-logistics services and international operations. Earlier in the year, Toyota completed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.