Toyota Motor Corp. will invest $80 million to expand its Buffalo, WV, plant to accommodate gear-making operations for automatic transmissions produced there. The move adds 184,000 sq.-ft. (17,094 sq.-m) and 50 jobs to the facility, bringing total employment to 1,000. The gear production, currently executed at a facility in Japan, will begin at the plant in 2006. Toyota Motor Mfg. West Virginia Inc. builds 4-cyl. engines for the Corolla and Matrix; V-6 engines for the Sienna and Lexus RX ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.