Toyota Motor Thailand Co. Ltd. predicts industry sales of 1-ton pickups will fall 5% in 2008 to 385,000 units, marking the first drop in 10 years, as rising diesel prices drive buyers towards gasoline-powered cars and away from trucks. Toyota, which collates Thai sales for the industry, earlier reported first-half pickup sales slipped 1% to 181,888 units. Deliveries totaled 405,865 units last year, and Toyota had been predicting they would rise 5% this year to 428,000. Toyota Thailand ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.