After several setbacks, Toyota’s latest U.S. plant in Blue Springs, MS, is on target for launch this month. The once-dormant 1,700-acre (688-ha) manufacturing complex in northern Mississippi is scheduled to begin producing the ʼ12 Corolla shortly, despite continued economic uncertainty and March’s devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan that hamstrung global production and startup activities. In an interview with WardsAuto, Bob Carter, Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. group vice president ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.