Toyota Motor Corp. reportedly will hire some 400 workers from Mitsubishi Motors Corp.’s Okazaki plant in Japan when the plant closes in late 2005. The plant, which builds the Colt compact car and Grandis minivan, is closing as part of MMC’s restructuring plan. MMC plans to transfer the 1,600 Okazaki workers to its other plants in Japan, but recognizes that some might prefer to seek re-employment in the same city, a Reuters report says. MMC has been negotiating with Toyota over the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.