The top two Japanese auto makers in the U.S. are happy rivals General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC will be receiving federal bridge loans, saying the action stabilizes business for all U.S. auto makers. Toyota, Honda and other foreign transplants in the U.S. share a large percentage of their supply base with the Detroit Three. “A high percentage of the content of the vehicles we build here comes from North American suppliers, so we are very reliant on this supplier base,” Toyota Motor ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.