DETROIT – A Toyota Motor Corp. official says the auto maker wants to expand its product range to include more large light trucks in the U.S. Currently, Toyota sells the Tundra pickup truck and Sequoia SUV here and holds nearly 10% of U.S. light vehicle market share. Toyota wants to increase its light-truck share to about the same amount. The Tundra controls 3.4% of the fullsize pickup segment, with the smaller Tacoma pickup holding 5.1% of the small pickup sector. For the first time in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.