Toyota Motor Corp. will import its U.K.-built Avensis sedan into Japan about a year from now, making it the second Japanese auto maker to import a European-made vehicle into the country. The Nihon Keizai Shimbun reports Toyota plans to sell 20,000-30,000 units of the U.K.-built model annually. The vehicle will have a 1.8L engine and is scheduled to undergo a full remodel early in 2003. Honda Motor Co. Ltd. imports U.K.-built CRVs into Japan.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.