Toyota Motor Mfg. North America Inc. announces plans to spend $1 billion dedicated annually with minority suppliers by 2005. The new target represents a significant increase from current levels, Toyota officials say. TMMNA, when it established its minority business program in 1997, set 5% as its minority Tier 1 supplier target by 2002. The auto maker reached that goal a year early and this year hit the 6% mark. The new target set a goal of 7.5% annual minority Tier 1 purchases by 2005 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.