Toyota Motor Corp. says it will increase North American production capacity this year by 18%, to 1.48 million units, up from 1.25 million in 2002. Toyota will add a second production line at its Princeton, IN, plant to build more of its Sequoia SUV, reports Reuters. It also will increase production output at its Cambridge, Ont., plant, which builds the Corolla, Matrix and new Lexus RX 330 cross/utility vehicle. In 2005, Toyota will begin assembling its Tacoma pickup truck at a new plant ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.