Toyota Motor Corp. says it has developed the world’s first rear-seat center airbag to help reduce the severity of passenger injuries in a side-impact crash. The new Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) airbag is fitted in a large, fixed rear-seat center console. The auto maker says the airbag will be featured in an undisclosed Toyota model to be released in Japan in the near future. When a vehicle is hit from the side, the airbag deploys from the top of the console to act as a barrier ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.