VIENNA – Production of the new-generation Toyota Camry will start in November at the Toyota Motor Mfg. Russia plant in St. Petersburg, Hiroyuki Ochiai, Toyota Motor Europe executive vice president-manufacturing, tells WardsAuto. With final preparations for building the Camry under way, the auto maker has begun hiring additional workers, Ochiai says. Toyota opened its Russian plant in December 2007, but output still is low. The facility, which works in one shift, manufactured only 15,892 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.