Toyota begins output of its latest Avensis, a Camry-size sedan, at its Burnaston, U.K., factory, saying the move reaffirms its commitment to U.K. manufacturing. Burnaston is Toyota’s largest production site in Europe and, as the center of all Avensis production, has built three generations of the model since 1997. The factory in Derbyshire also builds the Auris and Auris Hybrid cars for domestic and export markets. Tony Walker, Toyota Manufacturing U.K.-deputy managing director, says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.