Toyota Motor Corp. marks the start of V-8 production at its new Huntsville, AL, plant with a May 12 celebration. Toyota Motor Mfg. Alabama Inc. is set to produce 120,000 engines annually for the Indiana-built Tundra pickup. The Alabama facility represents a $220 million investment and currently employs some 300, a number expected to grow to 350 when the plant reaches full production. Huntsville is the first North American Toyota plant to begin production as a zero-landfill facility. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.