Thailand’s vehicle sales this year are forecast to rise 10% to 690,000 units after climbing 17.4% to a record 626,026 units in 2004. Toyota Motor Thailand Co., which collates sales data for the industry, says last year’s result beat the previous record of 589,126 units set in 1996 – the year before the region’s economic meltdown. Domestic sales in 2003 totaled 533,176. The 2004 result includes a 17.7% rise in commercial-vehicle sales to 416,916 units and a 16.8% increase in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.