Toyota Motor Corp. reportedly is planning to purchase more steel from Chinese and South Korean firms due to a dearth of the material in Japan. Reuters quotes a Japanese newspaper last week as saying Toyota will begin buying steel sheet for doors and major exterior parts from South Korea’s Posco. Posco reportedly will begin supplying Toyota as early as 2006. Toyota currently uses just a small amount of steel from Posco for interior parts, purchasing about 80% of steel sheet from Japanese ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.