In an effort to reach out to younger buyers, Toyota Motor Sales USA Inc. will venture where few, if any, automakers have gone before — but most are likely heading. The Toyota experiment involves the establishment of what it is calling “authorized Internet dealers,” including the means for customers to make vehicle purchase transactions from their homes on their computers. “This sales process is an effort for us to relate and to find a way for young buyers to be related to,” says Jim ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.