Toyota Motor Corp. is planning on building 4-wheel-drive SUVs in China, possibly beginning in 2004, say Japanese news reports. Toyota reportedly will build the Land Cruiser Prado at its bus-making joint venture plant in China’s Sichuan Province, with targeted annual output of 1,000-2,000 units. Toyota already produces small cars at a JV in Tianjin, north of Beijing.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.