Toyota Motor Corp. reportedly is considering building a version of its Land Cruiser SUV in China. The Japanese auto maker would like to better utilize capacity at a plant that currently builds the Coaster small bus. Some 2,000 units of the Coaster were built last year, at a plant with 10,000-unit capacity. If Beijing approves Toyota’s plans, it would like to begin turning out Land Cruisers in 2004.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.