SAO PAULO – Toyota do Brasil Ltda. is preparing a smaller car than the Corolla to gain volume in Brazil. Analysts believe the new Yaris is the most probable model to be built at the Toyota plant in the interior of Sao Paulo. The new Yaris will be launched in Europe in 2005 in a 2- and 4-door hatchback version. Honda Motor Co. Ltd. followed this procedure and sold twice as many compact Fit cars than the Civic. The new Yaris will be launched in Europe in 2005 in a 2- and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.