Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. miscalculated the demographics for its newest models, the Yaris subcompact and FJ Cruiser SUV, Jim Farley, vice president-marketing, says. While the auto maker was correct in assuming the ’07 Yaris sedan would be the volume leader, the 3-door hatchback variant to date accounts for more than 30% of sales in the U.S. market. The hatchback’s popularity is causing Toyota to study whether it also should bring the 5-door model, already sold in Canada, here. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.