Toyota Motor Corp. names Toshiharu Takasu president of its Valenciennes, France, engine and assembly plants. Takasu replaces Hiroaki Watanabe, who is taking a position with Toyota in Japan. Previously, Takasu served as the plant’s senior vice president. The facility opened in 2001, employs 2,000 workers and produces the Yaris small car, which is slated for output of 130,000 units this year. It also began gas and diesel engine production in April.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.