Toyota Motor Corp. will roll out a wide variety of hybrid gasoline/electric vehicles before the mass marketing of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles begins in about 15 years, says Bob Field, Toyota New Zealand executive chairman. At an event marking the launch of the new Daihatsu Sirion, Field says the global auto industry is moving beyond its initial pessimism of hybrid technology as a stop-gap measure and now recognizes the world cannot afford to wait for hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles to reduce ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.