Toyota Australia cuts the price of its Prius hybrid-electric vehicle A$5,000-A$7,500 ($5,267-$7,900), depending on the model, as the cost of the hybrid technology falls. The base Prius will start at A$34,990 ($36,858), while the top-of-the line Prius i-Tech will be priced from A$45,990 ($48,455). David Buttner, Toyota Australia sales and marketing-senior executive director, says the auto maker’s fundamental approach is to set prices that consumers find attractive and establish ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.