CANBERRA – Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. recalls 25,012 Hilux pickup trucks and 4Runner SUVs manufactured in Japan and sold between 1988 and 1996. Affected are Hilux 4x4s with independent front suspension produced between April 25, 1988, and June 28, 1996, and 4Runners produced between Dec. 13, 1988, and Nov. 8, 1995. The vehicles are equipped with power steering that may develop a fatigue crack on the steering relay rod. The crack may occur if the steering wheel is repeatedly turned ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.