Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. says as a “goodwill gesture” it will pay for repairs to engines damaged by a buildup of oil sludge so long as owners can prove a record of regular maintenance. About three million owners of ’97-’01 model Toyotas will receive letters from the auto maker regarding potential oil sludge buildup in engines that could prove damaging. Toyota has received about 3,000 complaints on the issue, which it is not labeling a recall but a “special policy adjustment.” It’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.