TIANJIN — Toyota Motor Corp. confirms plans to expand its joint venture with Tianjin Automotive Industry Co. Ltd. by manufacturing 1.3L Corolla compact sedans (see FOCUS ON CHINA — June '99, p.4). The automaker estimates it will build 30,000 of these cars in the first year of production, slated for 2001. The JV, a partnership between Tianjin Auto and Toyota subsidiary Daihatsu Motor Co. Ltd., already builds the Daihatsu-based Xiali subcompact car and Hijet microvan. The partners plan to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.