Toyota Motor Corp. reportedly again will raise production of its Prius hybrid-electric vehicle. A U.S. spokeswoman for the auto maker is mum, saying Toyota is only “studying the possibility to further increase production” at the two Japan plants that build Prius, Tsutsumi and subsidiary Toyota Auto Body’s plant in Fujimatsu. However, a report in a Japanese newspaper says Toyota will double production in May at Toyota Auto Body to 120,000 units annually. The spokeswoman says between the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.