Toyota Motor Corp. says it will pour an additional E300 million ($260 million) into its plant in Walbrzych, Poland, to increase gearbox production and to build passenger car engines. Toyota’s initial outlay for the plant totaled E100 million ($87.7 million). The powertrain facility will supply a new E1.5 billion ($1.3 billion) vehicle assembly plant Toyota is building with PSA Peugeot Citroen in Kolin, the Czech Republic.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.