PRINCETON, IN – The challenge of assembling body-on-frame Sequoia fullsize SUVs on the same line as unibody Sienna minivans at a new second line in Princeton, IN, is paying off for Toyota Motor Corp. Complexity of new line at Toyota’s Princeton plant worth it. The increased flexibility required a host of new chassis processes and the plant had no experience with unibodies, an official says. The original or West plant assembles the Sequoia and the Tundra fullsize pickup. (see ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.