BANGALORE – Attempting to symbolize the Indian essence of Toyota Motor Corp.’s latest sedan made for this country’s burgeoning vehicle market, a Japanese dancer performs a classical Indian dance at a special concert in the city’s information-technology hub. The Japanese auto maker is hoping it has been successful in marrying high tech and Indian consumer preferences over the B-segment car’s 4-year development process, which cost $700 million and involved more than 2,000 engineers. “We ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.