SAN ANTONIO – Toyota Motor Corp. takes the wraps off its new $1.28 billion Toyota Motor Mfg. Texas Inc. plant here, in advance of the facility’s official opening on Friday. Located on 2,000 acres (809 ha) of a former ranch nine miles (14 km) south of downtown San Antonio, TMMTX has been building salable units of Toyota’s all-new ’07 Tundra fullsize pickup truck since Nov. 1. In keeping with Toyota’s drive for continuous improvement, or kaizen, TMMTX sets a new benchmark. “We know ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.