LA JOLLA, CA – Toyota Motors Sales U.S.A. officials say the Toyota RAV4 electric vehicle coming next year consistently achieves 100 miles (161 km) of range, but more work remains on slashing the zero-emissions vehicle’s charging time and refining its driving dynamics. TMSUSA engineers currently get between 80 and 120 miles (129-193 km) of range between charges, but recharging via a typical U.S. 120V outlet takes as long as 28 hours. Bumping up to a 240V service cuts the cross/utility ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.