Toyota Motor Corp. has introduced a homegrown version of a 2L diesel engine with common-rail injection in high-end models of the Toyota Avensis sedan built in Burnaston, UK. Toyota's new diesel develops 110 hp at 4,000 rpm and 184 lb.-ft (250 Nm) of torque at 2,000 rpm. With a 5-speed manual transmission, the car is rated at about 40 mpg (5.9L/100 km). Toyota calls its 2L engine D4-D, for direct-injection 4-stroke diesel. The company has given no volume projection for the Avensis SR ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.