Toyota Motor Corp.’s U.S. dealers say they are experiencing high demand for the all-new Prius gas-electric hybrid vehicle. Toyota reports about 10,000 orders for the ’04 model have been placed prior to its Oct. 17 debut. Breaking that figure down, some 3,000 are pre-orders; 4,000 are advance public and private fleet orders; more than 1,200 are orders from Toyota’s rental car operation, TRAC; and more than 1,200 orders have been placed through an early-buyer Internet program dubbed “Prius ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.