MUMBAI – Toyota Motor Corp. says it will launch a new, strategic small car in India by 2010. The choice of India as a production and export hub was made after weighing the option against Brazil, the Japanese auto maker says. The new car later will be manufactured in other emerging markets, including Russia, Brazil and China. Toyota says it decided to initiate production here in response to "the market expansion that has accompanied the development of motorization in India." Toyota ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.