While the Lexus and Toyota brands placed third and fourth, respectively, in the recently announced 2009 J.D. Power Vehicle Dependability Study, Toyota Motor Corp.’s third U.S. make, Scion, finds itself 30th of the 37 marques evaluated. The result is surprising given Scion models, with the exception of the tC coupe, essentially are rebadged Toyotas, and the brand has shown high scores in other long-term quality surveys. Scion spokeswoman Allison Takahashi says the brand’s younger owner ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.