Toyota Motor Mfg. (U.K.) Ltd. (TMUK) celebrates the 10th anniversary of its U.K. car and engine plants. In the 10 years since Toyota’s first Carina E model rolled off the assembly line at its Burnaston plant, some 1.32 million vehicles have been built there, and some 1.1 million engines have been made at its Deeside facility. TMUK employs about 4,370 workers, who produce all of Toyota’s key models (Yaris, Corolla, Avensis) throughout Europe. So far, Toyota has invested £1.7 million ($2.7 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.