SAN ANTONIO, TX – The JLC cattle ranch, established in 1794, will never be the same. Stretching over 2,000 acres (809 ha) on a flat, barren plain some 15 miles (24 km) south of what now is downtown San Antonio, the old ranch by 2006 will begin production as Toyota Motor Corp.’s sixth North American assembly plant. Road to Texas Tundra goes through what is now JLC Ranch, south of San Antonio. But it’s not just any plant. As Toyota continues its inexorable drive to conquer ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.