Toyota Motor Corp. says its new San Antonio, TX, facility, set to come online in fall 2006, will have 18 on-site suppliers, much greater than previously estimated. A Toyota official last month told Ward’s the number of on-site suppliers had grown to more than the 10 once expected. The official also promised Toyota would have a good proportion of minority firms at San Antonio. Seven of the 18 on-site firms are minority joint ventures. (See related story: Suppliers Added to Toyota San ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.