Information released by Toyota Motor Corp. regarding its substantially upgraded ’04 Prius puts Toyota another step ahead in the hybrid-vehicle competition. All-new ’04 Prius approaches mid-size proportions and promises marked performance improvements. The ’04 Prius is larger, has more power, uses higher voltage, has less aerodynamic drag, better performance and a 15% better fuel economy rating. Toyota suggests the new Prius’ fuel economy now is about 55 mpg (4.3L/100 km) in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.