NEW YORK – In three to five years, Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. could be selling up to 100,000 hybrid vehicles annually “if we have the supply," says James E. Press, executive vice president and chief operating officer of TMS. New Toyota Prius leads auto maker into hybrid growth. "But our ambition is to lead the technological race, not the volume race," Press says. Acknowledging Toyota's head start with hybrid technology, Press says TMS doesn't have a fixed percentage of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.