Toyota Motor Corp.’s annual global sales of hybrid vehicles have topped the 2 million mark after 12 years on the market. Toyota says total hybrid sales to the end of August were more than 2.01 million units, including more than 1.4 million Prius cars. It took nearly 10 years for Toyota's annual hybrid sales to reach 1 million but only two years and three months for the second million, the auto maker says in a statement. Toyota now is aiming to introduce hybrid models to its entire ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.