Toyota Tsusho Corp., a unit of Toyota Motor Corp., will join a $1.5 billion-$2 billion international project to produce clean liquid fuel from natural gas in Iran’s South Pars oilfield in 2005. The Asahi Shimbun says a consortium of Japanese companies, including Toyota Tsusho’s business partner, Tomen Corp., will participate. The paper reports Toyota was going to invest directly in the project, but decided against it after U.S. President Bush labeled Iran part of the “axis of evil.” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.