Toyota Motor Corp. and AB Volvo each announce engine-making joint ventures in China to support their vehicle-building operations there. Toyota is teaming up with China’s First Automotive Works Group to open an engine-manufacturing facility in Changchun, China. The FAW-Toyota plant will have an annual production capacity of 130,000 engines. FAW Toyota Changchun Engine Co. Ltd. will begin production of 3L V-6 engines in early 2005. The two auto makers signed a collaborative agreement ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.