TIANJIN — Toyota Motor Corp., receives approval from the Chinese government to launch a full-fledged carmaking joint venture here, where its subsidiary, Daihatsu Motor Co. Ltd., has a long-time JV with Tianjin Automotive Industry Corp. to make 100,000 Xiali (Charade) subcompact cars annually, along with Hi-Jet mini-vans. The new US$100 million 50-50 deal, with Tianjin Automobile Xiali Corp., which has been two years in the making (see FOCUS ON CHINA — March '00 p.1), positions the No.1 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.